Marais Private Tour
Explore Le Marais with a Local Guide
Our Marais Private Tour is the ideal way to explore the trendiest area of Paris. Home to aristocratic mansions, art galleries & pop-up stores, it is today the most dynamic neighborhood in the city. Le Marais is like no other: from the Jewish Quarter to Place des Vosges, it gathers what Paris does best – fashion boutiques, great gastronomy & stunning architecture. It’s also a maze of Medieval streets where your Local Guide will share their favorite addresses for restaurants, cafés and secret gardens!
Make your reservation ⬇️
- Explore the oldest yet trendiest neighborhood of central Paris.
- Meet with a dynamic population and a mix of styles & cultures.
- Hear about d’Artagnan & The Musketeers on Place des Vosges.
- Plan some vintage shopping or visit new up-and-coming designers’ boutiques.
- Feel the role of Modern Art at Pompidou Center and Picasso Museum.
- Discover the local lifestyle from cocktail bars to pop-up stores, so uniquely Parisian!
- Enjoy & feel free to ask all questions to your private local guide.
- English-speaking licensed guide, dedicated to you and your party only!
- 2.5-hour private tour dedicated to the neighborhood of Le Marais & Hôtel de Ville.
WHAT OUR GUESTS SAY
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT!
To every Parisian, Le Marais is a dream place to live and just be. Come with us to understand what attracts locals here so much. We keep no secrets from you and open doors as we wander through cobbled winding streets and aristocratic mansions. Meet us in the heart of the Marais by Saint-Paul & Saint Louis church, and let’s start our Marais tour of architecture, food & artsy spirit.
Nothing more than a marshy land in early Paris history, Le Marais became the most elegant area of the French capital. Our guides find the best locations for you to admire the Golden Age of Gothic Architecture and the birth of French Classicism, two styles that have made Paris, Paris. You will also visit the stunning Hotel de Sully and the well-admired Place des Vosges square. An incredible journey through time and beauty.
Today, Le Marais also means trendy and high-end food stores. Your guides know where to get the best samples of eclair or macaron pastries. Best coffee and tea boutiques, wine bars at every corner and of course sweets and pastry maestros are to be found on our itinerary. The Jewish community has a lot to do with this tradition of food lovers. We will stop in the heart of the Pletzl, Rue des Rosiers, to understand the history of the area and talk about Judaism in France.
On our private tour of Le Marais, we also want you to get a feel for the artsy vibe of the neighborhood, and how this saved it from destruction. From independent art galleries to the world famous Pompidou center and Picasso Museum, let’s understand the complex world of modern art, what are the dynamics and the hot topics of the months to come.