- Our Marais private tour is the ideal way to explore a trendy area of Paris on a guided walking tour. Home to aristocratic mansions, art galleries and pop-up stores, it is today the most vibrant neighborhood of Paris
Le Marais is like no other, from the Jewish Quarter to Place des Vosges, it gathers what Paris does best: fashion boutiques, great gastronomy & stunning architecture. It's also a maze of Medieval streets where your Local guide will share her favorite addresses for restaurants, cafés and secret gardens!
Welcome to Le Marais
Highlights of your marais private tour
- Enjoy a private walking tour of Le Marais with a Local Expert guide
- Explore the oldest yet trendiest neighborhood of central Paris
- Meet with a dynamic population and a mix of various cultures
- Hear about d’Artagnan & the Musketeers on Place des Vosges
- Plan some vintage shopping or visit new designers' boutiques
- Feel the role of Modern Art at Pompidou center and Picasso Museum
- And discover the local way of life from cocktail bars to pop-up stores, so uniquely Parisian!
This is a private guided tour for you and your party only!
Duration: our Marais private walking tour lasts a comfortable 2.5 hours
Availability: Every day - all year round (except. Dec. 25th & Jan 1st)
Departure times: from 9am to 6pm (choose what you prefer)
Meeting point: meet your local guide by the ST PAUL & ST LOUIS CHURCH
Located at 99 rue Saint Antoine, 75004 Paris (closest metro is SAINT PAUL)
Price: from EUR 219 per tour (based on number of participants)
Includes: private licensed guide & original walking tour itinerary
AND WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT!
To every Parisian, Le Marais is a dream place to live and just be. Come with us to understand what attracts locals here so much. We keep no secrets from you and open doors as we wander through cobbled winding streets and aristocratic mansions. Meet us in the heart of the Marais by Saint-Paul & Saint Louis church, and let’s start our Marais tour of architecture, food and artsy spirit.
Nothing more than a marshy land in early Paris history, Le Marais became the most elegant area of the French capital. Our guides find the best location for you to admire the golden age of Gothic architecture and the birth of French Classicism, two styles that have made Paris Paris. You will also visit the stunning Hotel de Sully and the well-admired Place des Vosges square. An incredible journey through time and beauty.
Today, Le Marais also means trendy and high-end food stores. Your guides know where to get the best samples of eclair or macaron pastries. Best coffee and tea boutiques, wine bars at every corner and of course sweets and pastry maestros are to be found on our itinerary. The Jewish district has a lot to do with this tradition of food lovers. We will stop in the heart of the Pletzl, Rue des rosiers, to understand the history of the area and talk about Judaism in France.
On our private tour of Le Marais, we also want you to get a feel for the artsy vibe of the neighborhood, and how this saved it from destruction. From independent art galleries to the world famous Pompidou center and Picasso Museum, let’s understand the complex world of modern art, what are the dynamics and the hot topics of the months to come.