- Our Latin Quarter private tour takes you back in time, and follows the path of the Roman legions and the old city of Lutetia. The area is filled with medieval colleges where writers and poets have found inspiration: Hemingway, Rousseau or Sartre used to sit by the many cafés to be found here.
Saint Germain is quite a fantastic neighborhood, perfect balance of chic designers stores and charming book shops where it feels good to be in Paris. For a day, or forever!
Welcome to the Latin Quarter
Highlights of your Latin Quarter private tour
- Enjoy a private walking tour of the Latin Quarter with a Local Expert guide
- Explore the medieval neighborhood of Paris and the Roman legacy
- Meet with college students and a great deal of cafés and terrasses
- Hear about Voltaire, Rousseau & Mme Curie by the Pantheon square
- Wander the beautiful Luxembourg garden where locals sunbathe daily
- Feel the role of Literature & American Expats in Saint Germain des Prés
- And discover the local way of life from cafés to ancient libraries, so uniquely Parisian!
This is a private guided tour for you and your party only!
Duration: our Latin Quarter private walking tour lasts a comfortable 2.5 hours
Availability: Every day - all year round (except. Dec. 25th & Jan 1st)
Departure times: from 9am to 6pm (choose what you prefer)
Meeting point: meet your local guide by the ODETTE PASTRY SHOP
Located at 77 Rue Galande, 75005 Paris (closest metro is SAINT MICHEL)
Price: from EUR 219 per tour (based on number of participants)
Includes: private licensed guide & original walking tour itinerary
AND WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT!
Some 2,000 years ago, Paris was founded on the banks of the river Seine and became the center of the Western world for centuries. A visit to Paris without exploring its Legendary Left Bank is simply inconceivable. This private walking tour of the Latin Quarter and Saint Germain neighborhood is tailored for history buff, authentic sites' seekers and of course... foodies!
A Writers' Paradise
Meet your professional tour guide in the heart of the Latin Quarter, a few steps away from the iconic café and bookstore Shakespeare and Company. This is where the American writers of all ages met while enjoying the Moveable Feast that Paris was. Follow the steps of Hemingway, Joyce, Fitzgerald or Kerouac on their becoming world famous writers. They followed great philosophers such as Voltaire, Rousseau or Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir.
Walk along the Roman path of the city of Lutecia and discover the rich history of Paris in the Ancient Times. From Medieval Churches to rich colleges and abbeys, the Latin Quarter has preserved its unique student atmosphere that you will enjoy on this private walking tour. La Sorbonne of course is among them, but also College de France or the lesser known Cluny Museum will enchant your taste for history.
Jazz in Paris
In the Roaring Twenties and after WWII, jazzmen and singers populated this area and haunted the famous Caves de Saint-Germain-des-Prés. "Caves" is French for basement and it is in these vaulted basements that jazz clubs were created. Armstrong, Davies, Simone and many other have made the Parisian nights so unforgettable!
French Food Galore
Today a walking tour in Saint Germain and the Latin Quarter is also a great occasion to taste some of the greatest French food and specialties. If you have a sweet tooth–delicious macarons, crispy croissants and soft eclairs are waiting at every corner. Your guide will walk you past some of the greatest stores like Pierre Hermé, Un Dimanche à Paris or Patrick Roger.
On this Unique Private Tour of the Latin Quarter and Saint Germain, not only will you enjoy the rich History of Paris, but also the great company of a local and all the recommendations you need to enhance your stay in Paris!